Stewart, BC - Decade Resources Ltd. ("Decade") reports on its 2017 exploration plans as follows:
The planned 2017 surface sampling and drill program on the Red Cliff property will follow up on results obtained in work programs from 2007 - 2016. On the Red Cliff project, the Company is in joint venture on the Crown Granted portion of the property which is owned 65% by Decade. The Silver Crown 6 claim, in which Decade is earning a 100 % interest, is adjacent to the north portion of the Crown Grants. The Red Cliff Extension claim owned 100 % by Decade is along the east side of the Silver Crown 6 claim.
The 2017 exploration plans will include the following:
- Further work to accurately locate the 1988 drill hole collar, in order to determine the area of intersection on the Waterpump as well as the GPS co-ordinates of the zone in the canyon. The drill hole intersection was 150 m below the creek level indicating an extensive zone. The Company plans to use a drone to locate the area of the zone in order to photograph it as well as get the co-ordinates. Once avalanche conditions are evaluated and it is safe, climbers will be used to sample the zone so the Company can confirm previous reported values.
- Drill some holes to test for the source of high geochemical samples on the Silver Crown 6 claim obtained in early 2016 sampling. It is believed that a red gossanous along some steep bluffs is the source of this anomalous gold. Surface sampling is planned prior to any drilling on this area.
- Drill holes to further define and test the Red Cliff copper-gold zones. Drilling will test above the 1000 mine level where values as high as 37.26 g/t Au and 6.07 % Cu where obtained over 0.91 m in a drill hole beneath the underground workings. A drill hole (RC-2010-1) located 150 meters above the 1000 mine level intersected 21.94 g/t Au and 0.76 % Cu over 4.42 m. Another drill hole (RC-2010-10) intersected 29.93 g/t Au and 1.57 % Cu over 1.90 m along strike to RC-2010-1. An underground drill will be used to complete 4 holes to test the zone in an area of cliffs above the mine portal and below the above intersections to establish continuity of gold values.
- Drill several deep holes to test beneath DDH-MON-2009-11 (5.18 g/t Au and 0.43 % Cu over 12.65 m), DDH-MON-2011-11 (43.91 g/t Au and 1.46 % Cu over 7.47 m) and DDH-MON-2011-27 (14.53 g/t Au and 0.27 % Cu over 30.64 m). These holes are to confirm the SW plunging nature of the high-grade(Au-Cu-Zn) Montrose zone.
- Metallurgical studies on the Montrose zone including both the chalcopyrite rich as well as sphalerite rich portions of the zone.
- Model the complete 2007 - 2017data to aid in future exploration
- If indicated by modelling, complete the first resource study.
To date the drilling indicates 3 separate copper-gold zones; the Red Cliff, Montrose and Silver Crown along a 3 km long shear structure. The Montrose zone, in the middle of the shear zone, has been indicated to be over 250 m long with a SW plunge over 400 m of dip and open to depth. It is at least 20-25 m thick with numerous intersections grading over 50g/t gold. The Montrose zone has 2 different styles of mineralization containing visible gold. One style is a quartz stockwork with pyrite-chalcopyrite and the other one is dominated by sphalerite veinlets peripheral to the first stockwork. The Red Cliff and Silver Crown zones have unknown widths, depths and lengths at present. The Red Cliff zone at the south end of the shear has two identified stages of copper-gold mineralization. There is an early stage of high copper with gold content in the 1 g/t range and a later stage higher gold values but lower copper values generally less than 1 %. The Silver Crown zone at the north end of the shear has a pyrite-hematite veinlet stockwork with minor chalcopyrite.
The Company plans to evaluate historic geochemical data in order to define areas of elevated cobalt values in soil sampling conducted on the property in the 1980's. The property contains significant cobalt values associated with gold and arsenopyrite in pyrrhotite rich veins and stockworks. Any indicated anomalous areas from this previous will be sampled by the Company, in light of recent increase in the price of cobalt.
The Company plans to conduct surface prospecting in order to locate the source of Kuroko type VMS boulders located in 2012 programs.
Ed. Kruchkowski, P. Geo., a qualified person under National Instrument 43-101, is in charge of the exploration programs on behalf of the Company and is responsible for the contents of this release. E. Kruchkowski is not independent of Decade as he is the president of the Company.
Decade Resources Ltd. is a Canadian based mineral exploration company actively seeking opportunities in the resource sector. Decade holds numerous properties at various stages of development and exploration from basic grass roots to advanced ones. Its properties and projects are all located in the "Golden Triangle" area of northern British Columbia. For a complete listing of the Company assets and developments, visit the Company website atwww.decaderesources.cawhich is presently being up dated. For investor information please call 250-636-2264 or Gary Assaly at 604-377-7969.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD OF DECADE RESOURCES LTD.
Ed Kruchkowski, President
"Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release."
"This news release may contain forward-looking statements. Forward-looking statements address future events and conditions and therefore involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from those currently anticipated in such statements."