Stewart, BC — Decade Resources Ltd. (“Decade” or the “Company”), TSX.V Trading Symbol: DEC), announces that nineteen (19) diamond drill holes have been completed on the Montrose zone within the Waterloo and Little Pat Fraction Crown Granted claims of the Red Cliff project in northwestern British Columbia. Based on this year’s drilling, the two main mineral zones, Montrose and Red Cliff appear to be part of one big mineralizing event. This large mineralized zone includes the following dimensions:
1. Mineralization has been outlined over 1.5 kilometers of strike. This distance extends from the area of DDH-Mon-2009-1 to DDH-Mon-2009-11 to the portals at the south end of the property along Lydden Creek. At the south end of the claims, parallel copper-gold zones are indicated in the portal area of the original Red Cliff mine workings. To date, exploration has only tested a very small portion of this system.
2. Mineralization extends from at least 200 meters above sea level at the portal area to over 725 meters above sea level in the area of DDH-Mon-2009-1 to DDH-Mon-2009-11.
3. Mineralization occurs in zones that are up to 30 meters wide.
Based on drilling to date, three (3) separate mineralizing events appear to be present in the Montrose zone. These are as follows:
1. An early stage of chlorite-sericite alteration followed by silicification. This altered rock was subsequently brecciated with minute fractures filled by up to 15 to 20 % pyrite.
2. A second stage of mineralization where quartz-chalcopyrite-pyrite-visible gold was emplaced as a stockwork zone along fractures in the silicified, pyritic rock.
3. Late stage galena-sphalerite-chalcopyrite-pyrite-visible gold mineralization along the eastern edge of the Montrose zone. Massive galena-pale yellow sphalerite form veins up to 3-4 cm wide in a 3-5 meter thick zone. Sulphides may form up to 15-20 % of the galena rich portions.
At present the drill is completing holes from a wooden drill deck within Lydden Creek in order to provide gold tenor across the indicated 30 meter wide Montrose zone as well provide information on continuity and depth extent of the mineralization. This drill will test an area approximately 100 meters in length along the valley floor as well as 200-300 meters of depth.
The Company completed six (6) holes on the Little Pat Fraction to test the Montrose zone in this area. Within the holes, a dark chloritic rock that is silicified with strong fracture controlled pyrite was intersected in the Montrose zone over 20 meter widths. The drill used to complete these holes has been demobilized and 2 other drills brought to the property in order to drill from the wood drill decks.
Samples from DDH-Mon-2009-7 to DDH-Mon-2009-11 are at the assay laboratory and results are expected to be released within the next 7 days. Core logging and cutting is progressing with the insertion of blanks and standards to ensure quality control in the assaying.
At present, weather conditions are good and drilling is expected to continue for several weeks, as the weather permits.
Ed. Kruchkowski, P. Geo., a qualified person under National Instrument 43-101, is in charge of the exploration program on behalf of the company. All samples are assayed by Assayers Canada of Vancouver, BC.
Decade Resources Ltd is a Canadian based mineral exploration company which is actively seeking opportunities in the resource business. The Company holds an option to earn up to a 60% interest in the Red Cliff property with an option to earn an additional 20 %, dependent on Mountain Boy shareholder approval as well as exchange approval, by making certain cash and share payments to Mountain Boy Minerals Ltd and incurring exploration expenditures. Decade also has an option to earn a 100% interest in the Silver Crown 6 claim, adjoining the Red Cliff property to the north.
For further information, please contact Andrew Bowering at 604-662-8184.
ON BEHALF OF THE BOARD
Ed Kruchkowski, President
“Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.”
“This news release may contain forward–looking statements. Forward-looking statements address future events and conditions and therefore involve inherent risks and uncertainties. Actual results may differ materially from those currently anticipated in such statements.”