Stewart, BC – Decade Resources Ltd (“Decade” or the Company) announces that it carried out several surface exploration program on its extensive Terrace area properties. The Company had completed historical research of all available reports and had identified numerous areas for further work.
The Terrace area properties include 4 separate claim holdings that have a variety of different types of mineralization. Included in the different types are the following:
- Red bed copper-silver mineralization in Hazelton group volcanic rocks.
- Felsic dykes with quartz sulphide veins on the boundaries hosting gold bearing mineralization.
- Quartz-sulphide veins with significant gold-silver mineralization.
- Shear hosted gold-silver mineralization associated with copper mineralization.
- Porphyry style copper-gold and copper-molybdenum-gold mineralization in
granitic to dioritic rocks which have invaded volcanic rocks of the Hazelton Group Lower to Middle Jurassic.
The Company took advantage of the numerous logging roads in the area of the claims to conduct geochemical sampling. Numerous prospects particularly near granitic apophyses have achieved small production from high grade gold silver veins in the past (BC Minfile) within the mineral holdings controlled by the Company.
The Company located a total of 5 separate quartz-pyrite veins over widths of 0.5 to 4 m and strike lengths of several hundred metres. The area of the veins is covered by dense underbrush and overburden which hampered exploration.
The Company also sampled a variety of old trenches located over an extensive area of silicification and pyrite mineralization.
Results are expected within several weeks and when compilation is complete, the Company will release.